Saturday, October 5, 2013

A Step in the Right Direction

Today has been a nice day....Mom felt pretty dang good...Good enough to go to our favorite Fall festival and play BINGO!

We play Bingo once a year at the St. Ignatius Loyola Catholic Fall Festival...Always kicks off my favorite time of the year...Happy Fall Ya'll!!!

So...I did my first full workout today...the 1st full workout in a couple of weeks...I did a 7 mile bike ride, did a kettlebell workout, lunges, dead lifts, and a few other things...It was challenging but I completed the workout!  A small back in the saddle hurdle cleared.

Most of you know that I have a chronic immune disease that has been remarkably manageable over the past year. Really a miracle that I have been in a kind of remission for a while.   Unfortunately,  it appears that my "remission" has sort of ended...I have been experiencing some symptoms of late that are typical of the illness!

But...here is what is great...I completed a full workout today! Though I am not feeling my best...I DID it...I overcame a roadblock!  That makes for a good day!

So...I will be praying daily for the strength to be a daily overcomer...to smartly manage my energy and stay on this trajectory to better health.

Actually.  I think this disease can be part of my past and NOT in my future. I will have to push through...walk over...knock down and overcome any obstacles I may face!
Today was a step in the right direction!

Prayers please!  I will need them!

Sweet dreams! JLP

1 comment:

  1. This video's for you!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsJiGF_Groo&feature=youtu.be

    ReplyDelete