Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Gypsy Wakes Up!

Hello and the happiest of Hump Days to you!!! 

Well...I am getting very excited...in less than 48 hours I will be in sunny California...watching the absolutely incredible Kerri Walsh play some kick ass beach volleyball in person!!!  I will be basking in the beauty of the Pacific Coast. I will be seeking some renewed inspiration and hoping to glean some serious knowledge from Kerri's trainer on Monday! 

Seriously...I am hoping to take this 4 day trip...enjoy it...see the blessings in the opportunity and get in a few good beach workouts...

I need this trip...I need this opportunity to seek something new...I need the change of scenery...and I need the experience of seeing my initial inspiration in action!  :)

I think I said previously that there were a lot of reasons NOT to take this trip..you know...Life stuff.  But there were also some pretty compelling reasons to take the trip.  To just take a leap of faith!

This entire process is a leap of Faith...and I have discovered something about myself..I need to shake things up from time to time...I have a little bit of a gypsy heart...I like the idea that there is something different and exciting in my future...I like to (though with a little angst)  stretch outside my comfort zone and try something different. 

When I sang professionally...I had a group of favorite songs that I LOVED to sing...This one...spoke to me...it was an "anthem" of sorts for me...Strangely...I rarely got to sing it live...BUT...It was always a song that I would sing...anywhere...anytime...for anybody!!!  Plus...It is sung by one of my idols...Bonnie Raitt!!!

It speaks to my "bit of a gypsy heart"...and some may say..it speaks to why I have never married...LOL!!!!

The Road is My Middle Name

So...as I plan this trip and think of this "mission"...I have been singing this song in my head for the past few days...LOL!!!  What is hilarious to me...is that my "bit of a gypsy heart...has been dormant for quite some time...NOW...I am feeling a bit of A REVIVAL!!! Lose a few pounds...and the Gypsy wakes up!!! 

I like the way it feels...It is what drove my singing career...that need to do something that seemed impossible...just like losing 120lbs!!!  Nothing is impossible...All Things are possible through Christ who gives me Strength....and with the help of hearty blues lyric from Bonnie Raitt...:)

So...."I hear it call and it Sounds so Sweet and Plain...I got to go BABY...cause the Road is my Middle Name"!!!! 


The adventure lies ahead...One more day of work...and then I am off!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment