Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Grace, Gratitude and Growth

"I do not understand the mystery of grace — only that it meets us where we are and does not leave us where it found us" --Anne Lamott


I read this today...this morning actually and thought about abundantly true this is for me.  Grace is a mystery for me.  I have talked about Grace extensively along this Journey and what it means to me. 

If I could...I would like to sit down with Anne Lamott and ask her what this means to her...just out of sheer curiosity. 

There is a certain beauty to these words as she spoke them...and like I said, a truth for me.  I truly do not understand the mystery of grace.  I know for me Grace is something shared from God...mystical...ethereal...surreal. Grace is something that I don't truly recognize until I am consumed by it. 

Here is what I think...I am always surrounded by Grace.  For me, Grace shows up through people, music, moments of clarity...it is present in sadness and in joy.  My experience along this Journey is that Grace has kept me grounded where I need to be..and Grace guides me to the next right thing...Grace protects me and Grace pushes me...Grace gives me faith and Grace forces me to grow...

At times, Grace is subtle and difficult to see and at times, it is absolutely explosive and blinding!

So as I read this quote...I got all...deep!!!  I have told several people lately (in conversation about this Journey of mine) that so much of this Journey is about other things than just losing weight.  I have certainly said that here...But it is just SO true..

So really...I have no idea where I am going with this thought....just that I want to See The Grace and Be Grace-Filled...AND BE SKINNIER!  That's All!

Grace, Gratitude and Growth...Grace is the drive...Gratitude keeps me grounded and the Growth will come...The better, faster, sleeker me...can be born and is born from Grace...God defined Grace.


Grace is with me now and Grace will lead me onward!  All I have to be is willing and ready!

So before I go...I was having a conversation with Donna last night...and in that conversation she mentioned the following song.  She was not familiar with it...I, on the other hand, had heard this song many times and LOVE it.  There is Grace in this Song...Written by Curtis Mayfield in 1965.  Thought I would share the lyrics and below that...a beautiful live version of this song by the late Eva Cassidy. 


People get ready, there's a train a comin'
You don't need no baggage, you just get on board
All you need is faith to hear the diesels hummin'
Don't need no ticket, you just thank the Lord

People get ready for the train to Jordan
It's picking up passengers from coast to coast
Faith is the key, open the doors and board 'em
There's hope for all among those loved the most.

There ain't no room for the hopeless sinner
Who would hurt all mankind just to save his own
Have pity on those whose chances grow thinner
For there's no hiding place against the Kingdom's throne

So people get ready, there's a train a comin'
You don't need no baggage, you just get on board
All you need is faith to hear the diesels hummin'
Don't need no ticket, you just thank the Lord




People Get Ready

No comments:

Post a Comment