Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Intentional Living

So I have been noticing on Facebook that people are posting  daily blessings...I guess as part of the Thanksgiving season.  I like it...However, I noticed others posting that "we" should be grateful everyday and not just in November...For some reason this made me laugh...

People posting blessings and others bitching because they should do it all the time and not just in November...Nothing like the ill-timed blessing...LOL!

Regardless...I am pro-blessing...whenever...where ever...HOWEVER!  I was perusing through one of my recent social media addictions...Pinterest ( I am a late bloomer)...when I came across this Pin.


Now..for some reason...I read this and had one of of those UH-OH moments...you know one of those getting caught with your hand in the cookie jar moments...

I know I talk about my problems...and at times quite frankly, I have to...to get them out of the squirrel cage that can be my brain...it is cathartic. However, I know I don't talk about my Joys nearly as often...that is in fact ONE of MY Problems...See what I did there...:)

So I read that quote several times...and even went as far as to argue (with myself of course) that I am a believer in "processing" the stuff that holds me back (aka problems) and that talking "through" the problem is helpful...again...cathartic.  But the other me (yes...It is getting crowded in here)...says..yes...but if you just focus on the problem...then you miss the Joy of the lesson...the Joy that comes from the experience...Finally...I told all of me to "zip it" and decided that the most impactful word in the above quote was the word "HABIT". 

THAT word was the UH-OH for me....I can be a habitual worrier...stresser...doubter...problems...But I have to intentionally change my behavior..very focused intention...to move from the problem...to the Joy! 

THAT is my problem...Habits...and not good ones.  My eating habits CAN be Good...My sleeping habits CAN be better...My exercise HABITS ARE improving. HABITS can Be GOOD...

I want to be in the HABIT of Intentionally being Joyful. 




Though I really was struck by the above quote...I want to reframe the thought a bit for myself...I want the Habit to BE LIVING WITH INTENTION.

Again...Habits can be Good....

I guess I realized today that this entire Journey is about Living Life with Intention for me...

Living Life Intentionally Healthy
Living Life Intentionally Faithful
Living Life Intentionally Loving
Living Life Intentionally Giving
Living Life Intentionally Joyful

Yes...this Journey is about lots of things...lots of special little moments...overwhelming big moments...and lots of in-betweens. 

As I said recently...there are parts of my life that are still in disrepair...and correction, healing, re-building ALL take time. 

And although I know that Time is precious and not unlimited...I choose to make the best of the Time I do have...Use it as wisely as possible but not necessarily conservatively...I want to LIVE...not bide my time!!! 

I want to face life challenges (and truly believe to my very core) that JOY is right there...just waiting for me to recognize it! 

After my struggles last week...I am aware that I have some more growing to do...more lessons to learn and more wounds to heal...AND...I can intentionally embrace the God moments...the big, bright obvious blessings and the dark, obscure moments that seem blessing free...but always have a silver lining.

So warning...I am going to intentionally and publicly post my blessings here...talk about the Joy...until it becomes a HABIT! 

So to all of you posting your Thanksgiving Blessings...POST AWAY!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment