Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Fluffy Engine that Could!

Happy Sunday! I hope you all are having a blessed day filled with lots of love and laughs.
I started the day with church...lunch...groceries...and now am at the gym. You might have guessed...but after running around in this fluffy body last night, I woke up with a few aches and pains today!!!
Now...I COULD have just let this aging body complain...but instead...I pushed through the aches and pains...lifted weights and did some light cardio and I must admit...I actually feel better!
Again...last night was great...great weather...great progress and a GREAT Team!  TEAM MAWA! Thanks again Mom, Kristen, Stephen, Lindsey and Emily...you guys are the Rock to my Roll! Of course..as always thanks to K for the continued inspiration!  
This last week presented some challenges....Again...I was offered the opportunity to maneuver some obstacles that I did not see coming OR try to ignore when I do see them coming...only to find myself overwhelmed, exhausted and feeling defeated.
I continue to be acutely aware that when I do not rely on food as a crutch...I sometimes fall...but...I am willing to keep working...keep trusting that every screw up...every stumble will give me the chance to do things differently...
The hard part for me is the ups and downs....the extremes. But I am learning that going through the crap without eating crap...leads to a happier....more peaceful me.
Last week, I let some of "today's" realities become FOREVER realities in my head...and I did not "eat" to find a solution...which was good...but... Unfortunately...I just cratered emotionally.  So...it was ugly...AND I continued to workout...to believe that I could get through....even if I did not do it gracefully. ..0 style points!! 
But you know....here I am...still moving forward...believing more and more that I am on God's defined path. Still learning to accept who I am and the pace of this Journey...still surrounded by great love and support.  I am flawed...I have many facets of my life that need improving...areas that I want to improve again...in an effort to be a better human...to Be A Blessing!
I THINK I CAN... I THINK I CAN...I THINK I CAN!!  The Fluffy Engine that Could! 
The Journey IS the Reward!

No comments:

Post a Comment