Thursday, January 3, 2013

Attitude of Gratitude

Hi...Tomorrow is another weigh in...It seems as if these weigh ins...are motoring along...faster and faster.  Hopefully, the pounds will drop faster as well!!! 

Today I decided to do a little Twitter research and see if I could find others on the same kind of Journey as I and I ran across this site. 

http://www.300poundsdown.com/2013/01/the-fiery-furnace-of-obesity.html

I have just begun reading some of her posts...but she has lost over 200lbs and that takes some serious courage and work...so I will be following along with her on her Journey as I tackle the challenges of my own. 

One of the biggest challenges that I face is thinking that I am the only one fighting a battle...whatever that battle is...I actually think that is a bit arrogant on my part, however, what I have learned over the years is, regardless of the battle...somebody else is fighting one too...overcoming health issues, weight issues, money issues...whatever and they are having their own experience making similar choices, mistakes and victories...I am not Terminally Unique!!! No Jaime...you are not the Center of the Universe...REALLY!!!!
 The other thing I am working on changing during the "Journey" is reconstructing the Battle that I often speak of into a Journey...an opportunity-a good thing!!!!  I purposely chose the word Journey for the blog title...I knew it might be a little overused...but it was the Perfect word for me and what I am doing in my life!  So the Battle has ended and Journey has begun...or at least that is what I am working on...an Attitude of Gratitude!!!  I will keep working at it as I am sure there are great things to be learned! 

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend."
- Melody Beattie


Tomorrow will be Weigh in #20...Wish me Luck and throw a prayer in there for me!!! Please!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment