Saturday, January 19, 2013

Unexpected Adventures...Unexpected Joy

Happy Saturday folks!  It has been a busy, different, fun day!  Lots of energy and got to spend some great time with my people! 

The day started with a 1.5 mile walk with Donna...nice to have some time to just chat! The morning was B-E-A-UTIFUL!  It felt like Spring!  After our walk, I had lunch at Donna's and then Emily and I had some one-on-one volleyball time...we worked on some skills and she is getting closer and closer to mastering her overhand serve!!  We have a great time together.  I could not be more grateful to have her in my life! 

After all the volleyball fun..Emily and I had a date for Bible study!  However...Emily had an opportunity to go and spend the weekend with a friend in Austin AND after some scheduling conflicts...Tone Tone and I decided to drive Emily to meet up with the friends somewhere between Houston and Austin!  All very spontaneous...which I love!!!  Spontaneity is one of my favorite things...It keeps life interesting and gives me a bit of an adrenaline rush!  So...we all hustled to get ready...hopped in the car and headed out to Austin or at least, almost to Austin.

We laughed, sang AND got our Bible study in during our 2.5 hour drive.  So much fun...I mean who doesn't like reading Bible verses and singing Gangnam Style (not at the same time) LOL!  The drive was fantastic...such a terrific day for a drive! 

We dropped Em off and Tone Tone and I headed for Bastrop to have dinner...We drove around a bit and had a fabulous dinner...I even ate healthy...Go Fluffy!!!   Mom and I got to spend some time chatting...laughing and have a little Daycation! 

I love little unexpected adventures...there is so many gifts hidden in days like today. I have never been a person that likes to have every last minute of the day or my life planned out.  Don't get me wrong...there are obvious benefits to having a plan!  But...days like today...are filled with Joy!  Unexpected Adventures lead to Unexpected Joy!!! 

This day was fun, healthy, energized...the perfect workout!  I bet I lost a pound laughing!!! 

Tomorrow is Church, a few errands and rest!  Still feeling the LOVE!  I hope all of you are too!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment