Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Treat With Care

Happy Tuesday to all!  Today has been rather uneventful...Just working, eating healthy and marching along on my Journey to drop another pound or two! 

I hope all of you had a wonderful day!  Tonight is a night of rest for me.  No workout.  I will be hanging out with some friends, having dinner and relaxing!  I hope!

 All of this talk about "worry" lately has made me "worry"...I wish I was kidding!!  My brain has been in overdrive the last 48 hours...makes me crazy!!!  I swear...after a while it feels much like the following text I received earlier today from my friend's 6 year old grandaughter!

This is how it read:  Fhfhedfjfcnhfghbfchdfcucrfnifjvujfcjvrhcvbfruj

After reading it....I received a phone call from her...she said "did you get my text" and I said "yes,...it made perfect sense." 

It was eerily similar to the inner dialogue going on in my head!



This seems to be my health challenge Du Jour (Du Week, Du Month, Du Year)...managing the stress that lives in my brain and understanding how that ties in to my physical health and certainly correlates to my weight loss success. 

I have Busy Brainitis!!!  OH NO!!!!!  My task is to "manage" my brain...with help of course.  Use the tools that I have to cure the Busy Brainitis.  MANAGE...I think this is where the problem may lie...Here is the Definition of Manage from the good ole Merriam Webster Dictionary:

 
: to handle or direct with a degree of skill: as
a: to make and keep compliant 
b: to treat with care : 
c: to exercise executive, administrative, and supervisory direction of
 
 
I actually laughed out loud when I read this definition.  I LOL'd!  I guess that could be confusing to you guys...but with my sense of humor and my tendency to handle complicated life with humor...this is funny stuff.  The first thing I thought when I read this..."Ohhhh,, this requires SKILL!!!!  Crud! 
 
I just really struggle with "managing".  Unfortunately, this is evident in several aspects of my life.  Not all aspects...but some of the  big ones!!!  But here is the thing...If I look at this definition with my brain, my body and my spirit in mind...One thing really stands out.  TO TREAT WITH CARE.
 
That is the one thing I struggle with the most.  I am not saying that I am an ace at "handling", or"directing"..but treating with care is a tough one.  So here is the TRUTH.  I am truly my own worst critic.  I have been known to scold, shame, criticize..myself...often!  That is the Truth and there is nothing caring about that...Now I am not going to go into a deep analysis of why I do that...I will save that for a more appropriate place...But...I will tell you that by making this decision to lose this weight, get healthier, etc...It is absolutely going to require that I  "treat with care" my body, mind and spirit. 
 
I will have to fully learn how to do this...I think I am everyday! 
 
In the meantime, I have some amazing family and friends who treat me with tremendous care! 
 
I got this message from a friend today (this is a portion):
 
I just want you to know how proud I am of you for what you have chosen to do.  I am so happy you are choosing health and making it your priority...When you are going through a journey like this you may be too close to see the changes.  I want you to know I can see a healthier and happier you! 
 
Again, my heart is full! 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment