Sunday, January 20, 2013

Let It Shine!

Happy Sunday to all!  I hope today has been filled with lots of love, laughter, family, friends and blessings galore!  Once again, today has been a great day.  The weather has been spectacular and all I have wanted to do this weekend is be outside!!! 

We started our morning at Church.  The music in church was fantastic today!!!  Really good and really moving!  Music for me is a direct lifeline to God...so when the music in church is good...I get so much from the experience. 

The discussion today was about Jesus being the "Light of the World" and how we have an opportunity to be His reflection of that Light!  I thought about that...Have you ever met anyone that you can see that kind of "Light" in them..in their eyes or in the way they speak?  They just have a different energy about them...A kindness, warmth...I don't know exactly what the right words are...but I have had that experience...I have met people who have that Light... more than once and recently as a matter of fact.

 I want to be one of those people...I think as I take this Journey, the more I, with God's help, free myself from the physical burdens that I have..the more I shed the "weight" of those burdens, it will create the space and energy I need to be a better person.  I am saying this because I feel it already.  Not that I am so much of a better person..but I have space that I have not had in years.  This is really a transformation and though I know it is going to take a decent amount of time to accomplish this transformation, I just can't help but believe that in the end...I will have so much more to give ..hopefully cast a brighter reflection and be a brighter light! 

After Church we stopped by to see Donna's Mom in the hospital.  She was looking good today!  We enjoyed our visit and did some laughing!  Her nurse came in the room and told that our Laugh was contagious! Love that!!!

Mom and I grabbed some lunch, ran a few errands and then headed for the park!  This day was so great that like I said earlier, I REALLY wanted to be outside!  So we have several great parks in our area and I knew that one of them has a "hill" (Emily used to love to roll down the hill when she was younger).  I decided that would be a good workout spot for me today!  I want to start conditioning myself for climbing in order to get ready for my Enchanted Rock climb!  So I did 8 up and down cycles on the hill...Not bad for a Fluffy Girl!  After that I took the Riley (the dog) for about a mile walk and call it a day!  It was really nice....lots of dogs, kids, cyclists, runners, etc...lots of great "sounds"! 

One thing before I go!  I just want to report another health update...Since I have been on this Journey..my daily dosage of insulin has diminished from 100 units of long acting insulin per day and as much as 30 units daily of short acting insulin to...NO long term insulin and less than 30 units of short acting insulin a WEEK!!! I only take one medication regularly for the diabetes now!  Just thought I would share!  I am shooting for NO more diabetes!  Can I get an AMEN!!! :)

It was a great day...A great Day to be In the Light and to work on This Little Light of Mine!!! :)

Let's have a great Week 23...Tackle those challenges, Share our Victories and Shine, Shine, Shine!!


This Little Light of Mine

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”  John 8:12


1 comment:

  1. Loved your blog today. Have a great week... Barb

    ReplyDelete