Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Right Side of the Dirt

Good days and Bad Days...we all have them...But as my Mom says...as long as she is on the right side of the dirt...she guesses it is a good day.

Today, we are both on the right side of the dirt...but it has been a tough day.  She is having some health struggles and I am just REALLY struggling with food, overwhelm,...and..the truth is...I am just exhausted today.

BUT...I look at this way, there is something to learn always from days like today.  I had to just stop today...slow my roll...so to speak!

I got to be a "rescuer" this morning...My BFF's husband Bill...is a bike riding machine and as I have told you all before..though he is the oldest out of us...HE is by FAR the healthiest!!!  So as I was snoozing around 9:30 or so this morning...my phone rings...and it is Bill...he says that he needs to be rescued (Donna is out of town)...So...I jumped up and threw on my Super Fluffy Cape and dashed out the door..

He was 45 miles into a 55 mile bike ride and his legs were just completely cramping...REALLY...45 miles...is that all...LOL...I practically threw a ticker tape parade for myself because I rode 7 miles the other day...45 freakin miles in this oppressive Houston humidity...that screams CRAMP for me...

Now just know...he rides these kinds of distances regularly...so no big twig for him...Today was just one of those days...again we all have them...Good days and Bad days....

So once I picked him up and left...and since I still had on my Super Fluffy Cape...I TRIED to rescue a lost dog...she was frantically running around the neighborhood...I knew she was lost...but she chose to stay that way...and refused my rescue efforts!!!  She may have actually been having a Good Day that I had mistaken for a Bad Day!! :)

So...the rest of the day was filled with errands...a little necessary shopping ( I prefer the unnecessary kind)...groceries...etc...finally...I came home..Hung up my Cape....and CRASHED...

Mom continues to feel poorly and I am just going to keep fighting the food cravings (tho I did have a sugar treat today)...and hopefully just go back to sleep...

Here to being on the Right Side of the Dirt...and Here's to a better day tomorrow.

Please keep my Mom and I in your prayers...WE always need them..but REALLY need them today!

To those of you out there that have shared your own food struggles...Thanks for your honesty...It gives me courage to keep moving forward. 

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment